Monday, November 12, 2012

Just how much to share?


I work in an elementary school. I am the office administrator. My views are mine, but I represent a very public organization and I work with kids. I don't go by my real name on Facebook or Twitter because of this. I don't want "the opinions expressed" to affect my daily environment, although I will express these same opinions in the work place, it's just not AS public and AS up for attack as if they're out there on the World Wide Web (do we still call it that?). Plus I choose which individuals with whom I feel safe sharing.

I'm also very pregnant. I'm 34.5 weeks pregnant (only 5.5 to go...if TNG is on time). Many parts of being pregnant are TMI...the feelings, the fluids, the sensations, the emotions, the struggles, the joy, the thoughts, and I can go on. Again, this is stuff I share with friends, family and co-workers alike, but there is something extremely public about putting it all out there on my blog.

But that's what blogging is all about, right? Talking about what I know, what I'm going through, what my day/week/experience was about.

And I WANT to blog about it, I'm just...afraid...afraid that it could affect my job...afraid it could make me a target for hate, anger and judgement.

I think this fear is what has been holding me back in really letting loose on my blog. I think I'd be a great regular blogger, I've just got cold feet.

BUT...I'm removing myself from the work force for a year while on mat leave. Who knows...maybe I won't have time to sit and blog once TNG makes their appearance and all of this will be moot? Or maybe being out of the daily public eye at work will give me more courage to speak up?

And maybe this post alone with make me comfortable enough to blog about the pinching sensation I've been having near my cervix which I've been dying to blog about...because I can't be alone in this through pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment