Sunday, August 28, 2011

Organization

It appears I took a bit of a sabbatical from blogging over the summer months, and although technically there is still almost a full month left of summer*, my summer vacation ends today. Tomorrow I go back to work, and as I re-enter a more regularly scheduled program, so too should my blogging.

Would I have liked to have gotten more accomplished these last 8 weeks? Maybe. Have I truly enjoyed wasting away the hours watching mind numbing episodes of H2O on netflix.ca? Yes. Last summer was an overdose of energy due to the prednisone. I couldn't figure out how to take a break (I don't think I was physically able to take a break). From cooking and baking and cleaning, to soups and running errands and making jam, last summer was a flurry of nervous energy beyond belief. This summer has been a lovely, lazy attempt to make up for all of the possible resting I wasted last summer. I plan to have perfected summer weeks off for next year...a balance of both :)

However, all was not lost. Two of the big ticket, get-to-do items on my list were to organize both our home office and the back basement room. So with a little hard work and elbow grease this weekend, the chunk of both of these tasks has been accomplished. There are still some "touch ups" and micro-organization required, but we can now walk into both rooms and feel like they are usable spaces once again.

I love the feeling of a well organized space. Looking at a shelf and being able to find what I need. Seeing cupboards and knowing exactly what lie behind the doors. Lying in bed and feeling balanced and content. A place for everything and everything in its** place.

So although I might have spent more than one day this summer (too many days) where I managed to watch at least 8 episodes of H2O: Just Add Water (such cheese!), I also completed large scale projects that have been crying to be done for months. Not too shabby for my lazy summer off.

Tonight I sleep well in my organized home. (Tomorrow we start cleaning for long weekend house guests!)

I promise that these posts will now be much more frequent. :)

*Fall doesn't start until September 21, so all of you Negative Nellies out there...summer is NOT almost over, just the vacation aspect.

**I don't like how the iPhone tries to autocorrect "its" to always use an apostrophe! There are TWO spellings! Grrrrrrrr...

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Kanata,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment