Sunday, March 25, 2012

92 Decibels

(back for good?)

I've been performing all week at the Shenkman Arts Centre in a show called Journey, which is the title of this year's Yoriko's Shooting Stars. It's a wonderful experience each year, spending time with the other vocal students, preparing a wonderful show and getting an opportunity to work on the stage again.

There has been a lot of happiness for me throughout this production, starting first from learning and adding a wonderful new song to my repertoire in less than a month, which I didn't know I could do, to the wonderful feedback from cast and audiences alike on the song itself, to finally tonight.

For the past two nights one of the staff at the Shenkman Arts Centre has been checking the SPL (Sound Pressure Level) of our show. Last night's reading for the finale was 96.7 decibels (apparently an average rock concert checks in at 95), and we do it without mics or amps. But what made me extremely happy is finding out that my voice during my solo tonight hit 92 decibels un-mic'd :) :) :) I'm just tickled pink about that. I'm going to do research about it tomorrow since it's all new to me.

And I'm already working on tomorrow's blog (about something that also happened today...sooo much to be happy about!)

GOODNIGHT!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Kanata,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment