Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just Scream!

Yesterday morning I got up, even though all I wanted to do was sleep in, due to exhaustion of being at the theatre every night this week. I had an audition.

It was an open call, and I had a show again later in the evening. I was worried there would be a long wait and I wanted to get there early and I already felt like I was running behind.

I have never auditioned for camera work before. I have seldom auditioned where a prepare song or piece wasn't required or where I wouldn't be learning a dance to perform. I was nervous and tired and excited all rolled up into a tight little ball.

When I arrived at the audition, there was only one person in front of me...and my stress level dropped. Then when I walked into the audition room everyone was nice and easy going...AND I got to quickly meet @suzemuze in person (I love meeting the Twitter world IRL) and my anxiety dropped even more.

I felt like the audition went well. I read, was interrupted by a street sweeper, read again, then received some direction and read again.

Then the best part, at the end of the audition they asked me to scream. Screaming isn't something I wanted to rehearse ahead of time. I wasn't necessarily "prepared" to scream. So I closed my eyes and wondered how I was going to do it. Then I opened my eyes back up, and SCREEEEAMED!!!!!

It. Felt. AWESOME!!! :) Partway through the scream I realized I was REALLY scared and not audition scared, but the fear that would cause me to scream like that, is the fear that I felt.

Yesterday was a very happy day! :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Centrum Blvd,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment