Friday, October 21, 2011

Upsizing,

I've been using a small purse recently, but like all purses, no matter the size, I pack it full to bursting, usually meaning I can't do it up. We're heading to a cottage this weekend with my family, and since I'm using one of my smaller suitcases, I, of course, need a bigger purse. ;) My big purse has been sitting in my room. When I downsized to the small purse, I only moved out the most important daily purse articles. It's only been a couple of months, but I had to go through my big purse today to use it. (I also plan on using it as my secondary carry-on when we head down to the DR in a couple of weeks, so it's a job that needed to be done). And what should I find in one of the pockets...? A gift card from Starbucks. I left my old job in June, which broke my heart, but I received lots of thank yous and wonderful farewells from staff and students and families alike. It was a sad leaving but it was full of love. This gift card is from one of those co-workers. It just made me smile. It was in a card. I had forgotten it in a side pocket of the large purse when I did the downsize and I found it today. All of the love and gratitude I received from all of those people flooded back to me and back out of me as I fondly remembered working with them and being an important part of that team. I am grateful to be working and to being a member of a new team. Making new friends, setting up new roles and responsibilites, finding where I fit in best. I'm happy and excited and I know so many wonderful and fabulous opportunities lie ahead of me. It's funny how cleaning out a purse can be so rewarding. :) With Love ~sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment