Monday, June 18, 2012

Second Trimester

Well after reading the posts I wrote in my first trimester I thought I should post a little update to let you know...I'm OKAY! I considered not posting some of those, I sound a little crazy in them! No kidding with the mood swings. I read my words, I remember writing them, and they feel like they were a LONG time ago.

So my update, other than the fact this baby does NOT like cake (only thing that has really made me barf or even feel like barfing), my mild nausea was all I really got. My belly finally "popped" about 2 weeks ago, and none of my pants fit, other than sweats. I got a headache today, about the second I've had with this pregnancy and I suspect it's due to dehydration, I don't drink as much water as I should. I know, I'm getting better, I just have to work on it. (taking a sip right now)

Needless to say compared to many mommies-to-be I have had it EASY and for this I am truly grateful. Yes, the crazy person in the first trimester was probably one of my pregnancy symptoms, but I've always been a little nuts.

So lots to update, but I'll try and keep it short. We have a midwife, actually midwives, we have a 2 midwife team. I'm very excited about this and Ian is very supportive in my hope and attempt to have a natural birth. When we had our first appointment with them we got to listen to the heartbeat. Very cool!

We had our initial testing done last week where we got to do an ultrasound and see little TNG (The Next Generation). It was probably the most unbelievable and amazing experience of my life. We have a little picture from the ultrasound and it's just so wonderful. It's kind of surreal.

Everyone knows now, which has totally fixed a lot of my craziness, no more lying. Family, friends, work...everyone! :) Thank goodness, that for me was probably the worst side-effect of pregnancy. I understand the reasons for keeping it quiet, but it really made me into a crazier person than I already am!

Other than that there's nothing really new. We're preparing for having a little one in the house in 6 months...6 MONTHS! :) We're both very excited and happy and blessed.

With love,
~sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment