Monday, June 18, 2012

Strangers sharing

Thursday, May 3rd (week 7)

Today was a good day. Very little nausea and only a little of what I call "baby awareness" feeling. It's not quite cramping, but sort of a phantom pain in my abdomen. Like the feeling I get right before my period starts, before I get any cramps. At first it was a little scary, I mentioned it to the doctor and she said as long as there's no blood and no PAIN, I am fine.

Which leads me to the blood issue. I'm RH negative. Bleeding for me causes mild complications. If I get any spotting or a hard impact to my stomach I need to go straight to the hospital emergency room to get a needle. Basically I need a vaccine against the baby's blood in case it's RH positive. I'm aware that I'm thinking about it and trying not to stress about it, but it is worrisome. I haven't told anyone at work, and I won't be for at least another month (5 weeks if I can manage it). If something urgent were to happen I kind of just have to be like "okay, sorry, I gotta leave now". Which would raise all sorts of suspicions and concerns. Anywho...I'm trying not to worry about it.

It's interesting, we have a pregnant woman at work, tomorrow is her last day, and it's funny, now that I'm pregnant I realize that one of the only things we talk to her about is pregnancy. Seriously, THAT's what I have to look forward to. No longer talking about me, but talking only about what's happening to my body and the baby growing inside me. Funny enough we told one of the car dealers we were speaking with that we were pregnant, and he went on and on about his wife's labour and how she broke a stirrup and how Ian HAS to be in the room and be a part of everything or he'll regret it, etc. And I realized how AWKWARD being pregnant could get. Seriously, we've never met his wife but I know all about her delivery, seriously, that's weird. But honestly it's also kind of nice too...I mean, people want to share their wonderful stories, the most important event in their lives with each other. It really is something to bond over (with complete strangers).

Anyways, it was a really good day today. And tomorrow I am 7 weeks pregnant (with the understanding that I wasn't pregnant at all for the first two weeks. Seriously, pregnancy counting is weird).

No comments:

Post a Comment