Monday, June 13, 2011

Directions

At many times in my life I have felt like I was at a crossroads. Feeling like I had to be careful what choice I made because it would mean the first day of the rest of my life.

You could say I'm in one of those places right now, however it feels much less dire that it has in the past. I have previously described the feeling as waiting for the other shoe to drop. Nervous anticipation of the unknown.

This time I wouldn't even describe it as a crossroads. I don't feel like it's a yes or no decision, a left or a right. Instead I feel nervous excitement. There's a little fear and apprehension of the unknown, but there is so much faith and positive energy, enthusiastic optimism that I can't wait.

And yet with all of this energy that should be driving me forward, I am really enjoying finishing everything I'm leaving behind. A little part of me wants to stay, but I also know very strongly that my work here is done.

My favourite part of looking forward right now is the unknown, which is the part that normally scares me. Right now I look ahead at ANYTHING I WANT! Really! My own business doing whatever I put my mind to, or maybe travel to another country, or settle down in a long term stable job and have kids, or become a world famous performer. Or a little bit of everything or even none of the above...something I can't see or even fathom from where I'm standing!

I never thought I could stand in a moment like this and just enjoy and appreciate and be at peace in this place. It's a wonderful feeling...almost...dare I say it...waiting patiently. Okay, maybe not totally patient...I AM excited! :)

I'll let you know what it is when I get there, but for now enjoy this place with me :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Kanata,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment