Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Those three little words...

Thai. Chicken. Pizza.

Tonight I did one of my favourite things...I made dinner. I made my trusted stand-by, something I loved when I worked at Boston Pizza, Thai Chicken Pizza...it's sooooo good.

But tonight I had to mix it up a little. The pizza sauce is supposed to be peanut sauce, and although Ian assured me that we had a jar of peanut sauce in the fridge, he was wrong. But thanks to the glory of the Internet I found a couple of different recipes to make your own peanut sauce by using peanut butter.

And as I prefer to do, instead of following one recipe, I look at a bunch and use them and adapt them and make up my own recipe. Peanut butter (unfortunately all we had creamy...chunky would have been perfect!), water, brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, fresh lime and a little sesame oil. It didn't taste exactly the way the jarred stuff does, but it worked beautifully on the chicken and on the pizza.

I threw on broccoli which I've never put on this pizza before along with the normal fried onions, chicken, peppers and lots of lots of mozzarella. Topped with some fresh green onions when it came out hot and voilĂ ...fantastic dinner.

Ian loves this dish and cleans his plate every time, even when I hide a couple of mushrooms under the cheese!

I also love cleaning up after myself while dinner cooks. There is nothing better than a spotless kitchen before you even serve the meal. It's much more relaxing to know that the dishes are already done.

Perfect night, fantastic meal, a couple of episodes of Eureka (great show) and I'm not watching that which will make me sad (#Canucks). I can wait for Twitter to let me know when I wake up (but it's not looking good).

Yup, great day!

And oh yeah, and I have a job interview tomorrow morning ;)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Kanata,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment