Thursday, June 16, 2011

When It Rains It Pours

I had an interview this morning and it went really well. I wouldn't say I knocked it out of the park, not necessarily one of my top interviews of all time, but it was definitely a solid performance.

The good news is that I got the job. I spoke to the principal of the new school right after she called my current principal as one of my references. It was a good feeling, everyone was happy and excited for me and I could see the shape of my future a little clearer.

A little while later my new principal copied me on her email to her staff introducing and welcoming me, and as I was reading the email, before I could even enjoy the moment, my cell phone rang. A random name and the word Work came up. I didn't recognize the name, but I must have programmed it in.

As soon as I answered I knew who it was...a guy at a temp/placement agency with whom I had spoken a couple of times, but months ago. He was calling me to ask if I'd be interested in a financial industry position, similar to what I have done in the past. It caught me completely off guard, but knowing never to turn down an opportunity (at least not until I've thought it through), I said I would interview for the position.

So I am reminded again today that not only will I always be able to find a job, but that I should NEVER get comfortable thinking I know where my life is going. Change and opportunity are constantly bombarding us. I have already thought through 100 scenarios, and there hundreds more that I can't even fathom yet.

And so, knowing where I would like to see myself, I head into next week with a job in the summer, two jobs for the fall, tons of other plans on the horizon, and one visible possibility that all of this could change at any point.

I trust that what is supposed to happen will happen. I will continue to focus on my prayers, my mantra, my daily manifestation.

"I ask for the best for myself; financially, successfully, emotionally, physically & spiritually, while at the same time asking for the absolutely best for the world around me."

I am grateful for the rain, whether it sprinkles or it pours. It's like a fantastic movie and I can't wait to see what happens next!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Kanata,Canada

1 comment: