Monday, June 6, 2011

Prayer

Some days it's harder than others to think of the happy things. There were lots of happy things that happened to me today. I got a lot of work done. I connected really well with my coworkers. I made a little sad boy with a boo-boo smile. I bought a happy new dress and two fun hairbands. I had a delicious meal of leftovers with my wonderful husband.

However, there are sad things happening around me and in all of my joy and happiness, I know that not everyone is in the same place as me.

I am reminded of how wonderful it is to have this happiness. I am reminded to be grateful for all I have. To be thankful for my health, my stability, my love, my family and my friends. And amidst this thanks and gratitude I offer prayers.

I pray for those who are sick, who are fighting to get well. I pray for their families and friends around them who are loving and supporting them. I pray for those who are out of work, who have lost their jobs. I pray for their families and friends who want to help any way that they can.

I do not want to lose my happiness through sadness for others, that helps and strengthens no one. And so from my happiness I offer prayers of strength and love. Prayers of hope and happiness. Prayers of peace and fullness.

If you are reading this with sadness I offer these prayers for you, and if you are reading this in happiness I ask for you to join your prayers with mine.

I am not a religious person per-say, however I feel strongly about the power of prayer. I believe that our thoughts and our love have the power to conquer and heal.

"The mind is a muscle that can move the world." (Firestarter, Stephen King)

Thank you.

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Kanata,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment