Friday, June 3, 2011

PD Days

Different people like PD days for different reasons; embittered teachers because they can go to work when there are no kids there, happy parents who enjoy the extra day with their kids, baking and playing games, the local malls, when the kids come in to increase their weekday revenues. I always like them because I bank some overtime and take the day.

Not so today. I have the overtime banked, but it's June and I'm way too busy to take a full day off. Instead I scheduled our annual furnace maintenance in the afternoon, so worked the majority of the day, managing to get our supply teachers paid, and then rushed home to be there for our maintenance time window.

My happy thing today is how much work I managed to get done at home on this short afternoon off. The kitchen is squeaky clean, the powder room is disinfected enough to eat in, and the rest of the house is tidy and organized, with all of the laundry done to boot!

Knowing that I'm heading home, after a wonderful dinner party, to a completely clean and tidy home, where no work needs to be done, is a fabulously wonderful feeling.

There are many household chores that I don't mind doing, but when I get rolling I really enjoy cleaning because I love working toward that feeling of a clean and tidy house in which I can just relax and enjoy.

And so now here I sit...Ian with a glass of wine in hand, and me finishing up my blog, while listening to some 50s music...knowing that my work is done.

And I already know what my happy thing for tomorrow will be...It's Give-away-weekend!!!! One of my all time favourite events! :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment