Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Democracy

I watched the federal debate tonight, and although it was disappointing not to have Elizabeth May included in the debates (those men are just too afraid of a strong woman) I really quite enjoyed myself.

There's something about watching the leaders of our political parties discuss what they're going to do for us, for Canadians and for this country. Listening to all of the positive things that they want to do, gives me hope.

Every so often there was a glimpse of agreement, of possibilities for the future, for our future. The debate didn't necessarily sway my vote, but it did re-emphasize the things that matter the most to me and what I deem to be important in this election.

Health care, education and our environment. I did not hear enough about any of these three and they are most definitely the items about which I am the most concerned when it comes to our government. The first two might be governed by the provinces, but they are financed federally and the money is needed so greatly.

I am looking forward to change happening through this election. I am hopeful that voter turnout will icrease, that students under the age of 25 will turn out in the millions to vote and that the voter apathy in this country gets a boost of enthusiasm and passion for politics.

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment