Sunday, April 10, 2011

My happiness

Your happiness is what you make it, and mine is what I make it.

When I question or doubt or worry, I take away the possible happiness from an otherwise wondeful situation. I can be having a grand old time, but then that little voice in my head pops up...one of my inner mean girls and she causes me to stress. Whether it's about me, another person, or the situation, those negative thoughts can ruin the event.

And worse, is when you take those thoughts home with you and then you share them. You bring the inner mean girl out in the open. She wasn't pretty on the inside and she's horribly ugly in the light of day.

So what do to? I'm trying to remember to talk to her. Tell her to go away, tell her that her negative words are poison in my brain and I won't listen to her anymore. She ruins my fun, my enjoyment, my happiness.

It's hard work, but it's totally worth it. Telling that inner voice, that inner mean girl to go back where she came from, to counter her negative thoughts with my positive ones, it makes the time happy and enjoyable. And I also feel good conquering that mean girl.

Tonight I say to that inner mean girl...what do you know anyway? You're just mean and nobody likes a mean girl. If you can't think anything nice, don't put it in my head. I would much rather e having fun than listening to your nastiness. I am not a mean girl and I won't let you turn me into one.

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment