Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm awesome

Because my performance review says I am!

Yup...one of the best performance reviews I have ever received! Not only was it a strong and positive review, but there are many other good things about it.

a) I didn't have to write it myself. For many years when it came time for my annual performance my superior would hand it to me and tell me to write it myself and he'd sign it. That might sound great but it doesn't lead to much personal growth. Plus there was never any accountability even if I tried to set goals for myself.

b) I haven't been told by my current manager that no one ever exceeds her expectations. Yup, I've had that happen too. I worked for someone who told me they NEVER give "exceeds expectations" on a review. Sooooo...if I already know I can't exceed, why even bother trying?

c) the performance review was written by someone whom I respect and admire, strive to impress and for whom I work hard daily.

When I received the written report, glowing with praises as well as positive and humbling quotes from co-workers, parents and volunteers alike...well, gratitude and humility flooded my senses.

When I read it to Ian, he said "I think you've figured out what it is you should be doing.". And you know...I do believe he's right.

I really love my job and the review I received today confirmed back to me that not only is job good for me...but that I too am good for my job. :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment