Thursday, April 14, 2011

Motivation

I went to my bi-monthly office administrators's meeting today, and instead of the usual meeting format, we had the priviledge of listening to a fantastic speaker, who reminded me of some things I had forgotten, while raising some ideas I hadn't heard before and giving me lot to think about and reflect upon.

His name is Bob Koehler. You can learn more about him at http://www.bobkoehler.com/

I had an appointment before today's meeting today. It was an important appointment that I chose not to cancel and it ended up running late. I wasn't in the greatest mood afterwards, and almost didn't attend the meeting, even considered calling in sick for a minute or two. But although I knew I'd be late for the meeting, I knew this was something I needed to attend and was I ever right.

My blog would be fifteen pages long for me to describe everything I learned today, all of the thoughts I had and the decisions I began to make.

To sum it up he reminded me that our perception drives our lives and that I am blessed with all of the things I get to do every day (rather than have to do).

I plan on not just being interested in what Bob had to say today, I want to be committed to the the changes I am going to make and the work I am going to do.

Thank you Bob, thank you for waking up the other 90%.

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment