Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chocolate Bananas

Two weekends ago my in-laws were in town. Unfortunately Ian forgot to mention to his mother that I am no longer eating dairy (or at least until further notice), so I had to fend for myself for dinner as she had pre-prepared homemade mac'n'cheese. No worries...I made out with a giant salad full of tons of veggies and topped with homemade vinaigrette and lots of quinoa for protein.

But it was dessert that made me sad...a yummy looking concoction of chocolate and cream...what to do? I had nothing in the house for dessert...or did I?

I had some bananas and chocolate chips (semi-sweet with no milk)...surely I could make a dessert with this? And sure enough with a couple of taps on my epicurious app...I found a quick and easy recipe for chocolate covered bananas.

The reason this made me happy today? Because I still have some left...so I had one when we got in this evening and it was fabulously delicious! I can't believe how well they keep! :)

I still have a couple more and I also look forward to making them again in the future :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment