Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grey clouds and cold toes

Some days it's harder than other days to find my "it made me happy" that day. It's not to say that nothing made me happy or that nothing stands out, but more that it's because something is standing in the way. Usually that something is bringing me down and is making it difficult for me to see anything.

Today is one of those days. I'm upset, over something that at the end of the day is pretty frivolous. I should really be focusing my gratitude and happiness on everything I have, on all the good that happens to me every day...but instead my brain is full of grey disappointment which is blocking out all possible sunshine. It's me that has the power over this, and me that is letting it spoil everything else right now.

So it's baby steps tonight for my "it made me happy". Tonight it's that my husband, as I type this, is letting me warm my frozen toes on his warm legs...and let me tell you...I have lousy circulation and when I say frozen toes...I mean frozen!

So not only does it make me happy that he allows me to do this tonight and every night, but also grateful for the little things that make him so awesome. And my toes are happy and grateful too. :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment