Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 1 - Part 1

Today was the first day of our March Break adventure! ;) Although there were quite a few Homer Simpson "d'oh" moments, they all made me smile. Here is how the first couple hours of our trip transpired!

- We're off to a GREAT start! A little confusion, I thought we were still on the 416, but really we were already on the 401. So instead of crossing at Ogdensburg we're crossing at Ivy Lea...my horoscope did say I'd be okay with complex things today, only the simple things would cause me confusion! ;)

- uh oh! The empty gas tank light came on before we reached customs where we sat idling for 30 minutes before crossing the border, I hope we have enough gas to find a gas station! How long do you have while idling on empty?

- Then we paid $7.50 for a $2.50 toll because the guy gave us the wrong change! (probably because we distracted him by asking how far the nearest gas station is to the border).

- oops!i realized at the gas station that I have no idea what my PIN is on my US MasterCard

- 12:45pm - 20 mins over the border, I realize...WE'RE GOING TO THE JERSEY SHORE BITCHES!

- I'm having trouble with the GPS. I didn't change the state from NY to PA...we could've ended up in the wrong place!

- we forgot some basic toiletries...oops

- I realized that the map we're using is at least 20 years old (if not older) and the city to where we're heading isn't even on the map!

- Ian is overly excited by the real BBQ sauce used at the US McDonalds...I look at the ingredients, first ingredient...high fructose corn syrup!

So although there were many little glitches this morning as we started our adventure, they all caused us to laugh hysterically. It was a ton of fun and enough to make me want to not plan a trip again! :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Hill Motor Lodge Rd,Tannersville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment