Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 1 - Part 2

Once we settled in to our holiday the little glitches fell away. The landscape along the I-81 is beautiful.

When we crossed the state-line into Pennsylvania we decided to stop at the Pennsylvania Welcome Centre. The woman who worked there was absolutely lovely. She was all smiles, asking us where we were from and where we were going. She provided us with lots of information including coupons for a free coupon booklet each for the outlet mall where we were headed, and a new map. :)

Then we drove for a couple more hours through Pennsylvania, to our first destination, Tannersville.

We checked in at the Days Inn, where we had a coupon from one of the flyers from the welcome centre. The staff at the reception was friendly and welcoming. This Pennsylvania place is lovely. Then we dropped our bags and headed for the outlet mall.

(Ian would like to point out that we didn't head straight out. That rather I chose to "dawdle" having been able to finally access WiFi and had to check my Facebook, Twitter and email accounts before going anywhere).

So then off we went to The Crossings, the outlet mall here in Tannersville.

And then there was shopping. Glorious, wonderful, fabulous shopping. We bought coats, and shoes, socks and underwear, accessories and shirts...and we're planning to head back again tomorrow! :) We're happy with our purchases and delighted by the savings. What a shopping adventure.

After shopping came dinner. If you are ever in the Tannersville area and you enjoy food Indian food, you MUST stop in at Tandoor Palace, next door to the Days Inn. The food, service and atmosphere are fabulous!

The server was both sympathetic and concerned by my dairy-free and gluten-free diet. He worked with me and the kitchen to ensure a safe and delicious meal. And what a meal! Ian and I are both stuffed! And the server made me promise that the minute I am able to introduce dairy into my diet once again, that I must come back for their gulab jamin (one of my my favourite desserts), which they make themselves in house.

All in all, a fabulous start to what will be an amazing adventure...makes me already want to not plan a trip again!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Hill Motor Lodge Rd,Tannersville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment