Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Own Bed

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig.

It's lovely to stay in hotels, to have other people make my bed, cook my meals, clear my plates. It's nice to be waited on, but no matter how nice the pampering, there is nothing quite like crawling into your own freshly made bed at home after having been away for a couple of days.

Your clean sheets and fluffy pillows, your purring cat at the foot of the bed.

Our cross-border adventures this week were a lot of fun, although tiring (lots of driving and walking), it's just wonderful to be back home, lying all cozy in my own bed, covers pulled up to my chin.

As we returned this afternoon I realized that I have so much beautiful luggage that we must travel more to get good use out of it all, while at the same time I am already looking forward to the coming home part.

As a little piece of advice...before you go away on your next vacation, make your bed just before you leave with new clean sheets...even pop a couple of dryer sheets in the bed so it smells extra fresh when you get home. Take the time to unpack everything and then crawl into your cozy bed with nothing else to do ahead of you...it's wonderful!

Off to dreamland now! :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment