Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cultural Cafe

What a wonderful event! What a wonderful evening! What a fabulous turnout!

Tonight our school hosted a "Cultural Cafe" for all of the families. It was a potluck, multicultural show and fundraiser. We had some of the students from the local high school perform some traditional dances. All the families who attended paid a small fee and everyone brought food to eat.

Students and families alike were encouraged to wear traditional dress, so many beautiful outfits, countries represented in bright and gorgeous colours. I wore my Stewart dress tartan sash with a rosette that I received on my wedding day.

There was tons food...from pierogies to many varieties of rice dishes...to hummus and salads to pastas and dips. And the desserts, which being off dairy I stayed away, looked glorious!

The thing that I loved the most about the evening...no sorry...it wasn't the food. It was all of these families, these cultures, these differences, all in one place. Our school has so much diversity and tonight it was so beautiful. To see such a great turnout and so much happiness, respect and love from this large school family. It made me very proud to be part of this event and mostly to be a part of this school!

I look forward to more of these events :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment