Monday, February 21, 2011

Inventing

Yup, it's basically another blog about the kitchen. Less than 2 full months and this is the third time I've blogged about the kitchen! But I really do love working in the kitchen.

But today's blog is about inventing in the kitchen...inventing and experimenting.

I made cookies for the band's bake sale tomorrow, full of shortening and white floor and white sugar. I didn't have chocolate chips, so I raided my mother's house (for less than 1/2 a cup of chips and then hit Macs milk for some M&Ms...Family Day today, grocery stores closed).

But after I made the unhealthy cookies to raise funds...I wanted to make something healthy. I tried to make healthy cookies...whole wheat flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, applesauce and honey...no fat, no oil, no eggs. They were doughy little piles of delicious...but not really cookies. I had only made a dozen and had a ton of batter left so I sprayed my muffin tins and turned them into muffins instead of cookies.

I have yet to create a healthy cookie...but I've come to the conclusion that if it's healthy, it's probably not a cookie. :). I think I can keep my muffins healthy and my cookies...well...cookies.

After the cookies and muffins, I whipped up a batch of broccoli soup w/ some of my homemade vegetable stock, and a huge pot of quinoa with onions and carrots, for my lunch for the week.

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Shaw Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment