Saturday, February 19, 2011

Taking Care of Myself

It feels really good to take the reins when it comes to my health.

I consider myself to be extremely healthy. I've been working in a school going on two years now and the only sick I've felt is a hint of a cold each fall when school starts. All the sickies come through my office, use my phone, borrow my pens and touch my stuff and yet I am one of the healthiest people at work.

However, I have some nagging ailments that I've been trying to get under control. From 8+ years of chronic back pain, to some mild eczema, to major hair loss due to alopecia areata. Sure I'm not sick and I barely ever take time off, but these issues plague me.

Slowly but surely I'm managing these problems. The back pain is a work in progress, with a miracle worker of a physiotherapist (if you need one I recommend him in a heartbeat!) and my regular appointments with the chiropractor.

I've been seeing a dermatologist for the hair loss, but I feel like I've reached the end of the line and need something more.

Today I sought out that something more with my first appointment with my new naturopath. She seems wonderful and although she sent me home with homework (!!!!) and asked me to make some major dietary changes (I'm giving up dairy...*le sigh*), I feel as though I've taken control of my health from a more active perspective...I feel like I've already won half the battle!

So although my love of cheese is temporarily (if not permanently) put on hold...I feel in control and better for it.

I really felt good, out in the country at the holistic medical centre today, being part of my own solution :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment