Sunday, February 20, 2011

People

Yup...that's right...people make me happy. Random people, new people, old people...just people.

Yesterday I was in a singing competition...and I was really nervous. I spent a lot of time chatting with one of the other students of my teacher and it was just really nice. We had fun, we laughed, and it relaxed me. I also met and chatted with some of the competition. They were lovely and not at all stand-offish or rude. Just like me, nervous, excited and ready to sing.

Today I popped in quickly to the Cuban cigar store to grab some of our favourite Cubita coffee and the man behind the counter chatted with me and was lovely and happy.

I also went wedding dress shopping with a bride-to-be friend today and the sales ladies in both stores were lovely and friendly and chatty and funny.

One of my group, from another singing event coming up, sent me an unexpected text yesterday. She told me to break a leg. It was unexpected and just a lovely gesture, and more than that, it meant a lot to me.

Both my singing teacher and fellow student congratulated me on a job well done, even though I didn't make it to the finals. They both said some really nice and supportive things and they made me proud to have worked so hard, even if my nerves didn't serve me so well.

Every so often I go through bouts where I have difficulty interacting with new people or with strangers and I wonder "what's wrong with the world". I realize that it's just myself being reflected right back at me.

When I'm relaxed and open I don't put up so many barriers, I make it easier for people to get to know me, which it turn makes it easier for me to get to know them.

The last two days have reminded me just how much I like other people; like talking with them, listening to them, learning new things. I really like people and it reminds me that people are mostly pretty wonderful.

Give people a chance and they will make you happy!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment