Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quinoa (pronounced Key-nuah)

I know...weird topic...but it really does make me happy!

Last week I went to see a naturopath. One of the recommendations she made was to increase my protein intake at breakfast and at lunch. When I was concerned about how to add extra protein every day, my naturopath recommended Quinia. More than that he gave me a list of homework, and one of the items was "experiment with quinoa".

And I have.

And I like it.

Quinoa is a natural grain, reminds me o a round brown rice but has a good deal of protein (for a grain). It's easy to work with and quite versatile.

I whipped some up for dinner tonight using homemade vegetable stock (haha) and then fried it up with some diced veggies in garlic olive oil; onions, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini. Then threw it all on top of a garden salad with homemade oil and vinegar dressing.

Totally versatile and I'm kinda hooked on quinoa! :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment