Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow


I know...it's a snow day and panic for drivers has set in. But I love snow days, even if it means more work for me. Working in a school I'll be spending the rest of the day calling parents who didn't think to let us know that their child isn't coming in.

But this is the first forecast storm this season that has actually hit, and it means that we'll have a good layer of real snow on the slopes.

I'm feel sorry for all of the folks who hate the snow and the cold. But just like I tell people who hate their job...don't waste time complaining, do something about it. Your options, figure out a way to change your situation or change yourself. Find a way to love winter like I do, or find a way to not live in this climate.

I can't wait to hit the canal and do some skating. I've been out a number of times for cross-country skiing and we're planning a couple of trips out to the slopes to do some snow boarding.

If you just can't get behind the winter sports, there are many winter festivals, at least 3 in the Ottawa area last weekend. So get out and fall in love with winter. It's here for at LEAST 4 months (if not 6), find a way to get through it without hating it.

Bring on the snow! And drive safe :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment