Sunday, February 6, 2011

The School Newsletter

I occasionally take work home with me...shhh...the union probably doesn't approve. I only take stuff home if I really want to get it done or because it's something I really enjoy doing.

So this weekend I brought some work home that was both. The School Newsletter. The deadline for submissions was more than a week ago, and it's going out on Monday, so taking it home only makes sense when I received 90% of the articles on Friday (a week after they were actually due).

Luckily the newsletter is one of my favourite parts of my job :). It's not my favourite layout, but it's what the Principal likes and I'm able to work within the boundaries.

I just love all of the different aspects, the formatting, the layout, the editing, making everything balanced, making everything fit. I like throwing in graphics and just playing around until it's just perfect :)

I spent about an hour at the office on Friday compiling all of the articles and then about 4 hours today getting it just right.

I'll probably end up putting in another hour tomorrow after getting the approval from the Principal before turning it into a .PDF and sending it out.

It 6 hours for something I wish I could allot more time, for something that I love to do and the end result is something of which I'm very proud. :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment