Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The warmth of happiness

Ian and I went out cross-country skiing when we got home from work tonight. We stayed out until after it got dark, but luckily there was enough street and city lighting that we were able to see.

On the trail back we didn't have to work as hard and I was just enjoying our surroundings. The snow was like small, white, crystal feathers. All delicate and twinkly, almost ethereal, lying on the ground.

And the houses with the warmth of their lights shining out. I love looking into those warm rooms, imagining the loving and happy families in those homes.

It reminds me of one of my favourite childhood novels "A Little Princess", after Sara had become a scullery maid, and she'd look into the windows of the homes she passed and make up stories about the people who lived inside. Happy family stories. I do that too.

The orange glow from homes against the night backdrop and the sparkling snow. It gives me the warmest and happiest feeling in my heart.

Remember, when you're snug and warm at home, to feel that feeling. Let the image your dwelling presents to the world on a cold winter's night be the feeling you always keep in your heart, warmth and love and happiness and family. :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment