Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowboarding

I say that it made me happy today, but I'm afraid it might make me less than happy tomorrow.

For the first time this winter season Ian and I hit the slopes. Earlier this year I had purchased two passes to Pakenham on one of those one deal a day sites.

We'd never been to Pakenham before and although it's a small Ontario slope, it wasn't too bad at all. It's perfect for a newbie like me. I've been boarding for 4 years now, but I only ever make it out a couple of times a season. The weather was absolutely perfect. Not too cold, and nice and crisp and clear.

We hit the hill right after work and got a couple of hours in. The chair lift scares the bejeezus out of me...but I managed. We did some green runs, and then moved up to some blue ones.

I like being different, so not only do I ride goofy, I ride duck and I insist on practicing on both sides. Then to make it even more different...I do turns down the hill. I use ballet arms and I spot as I toe side and heel side edge down the hill.

I discovered tonight that the turns work best when you've got some speed on your side...unfortunately that makes falling a bit rough, buy only one major spill this evening.

I am trying to figure out a snow-dance or snowboard ballet sport. All I've got right now are the arms and the turns...but it's a ton of fun and I think it would be awesome to add to music. Now to figure out what else to add.

I'm hoping to enter Snowboard Ballet as an Observation Sport in the 2018 Winter Olympics ;). Let's see if I can get it started! :)

I'm gonna hurt tomorrow!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment