Thursday, February 10, 2011

Working in a School

Not only does it make me happy, it is also something I absolutely LOVE doing.

I love working with kids. I love hearing and seeing their brilliance every day. I love the way they can break my heart, the way they make me proud, how they can make me laugh, and the way they can change how I think. I can't imagine another job as fulfilling is one where I can work with children.

I think the intermediate students are still my favourites. There is something about the 12 to 14 year olds. They are not quite children, not fully teenagers. They are at this amazing stage of such brilliance and potential.

There are so many stories, situations, personalities that I experience every day. Every day a million little things make me happy with the 500 kids I get to see and work with...and I'm not even a teacher. I work in the office and the mix of what my job entails and why I am doing this job fill me with perfection.

Today was a day where no matter what I was doing another student flooded my heart with emotion. And it reminded me about how happy I have been since the day I first walked into the school.

I write about happy things every day, but this is something that makes me happy...every day!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Those kids don't know how lucky they are to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete