Monday, February 14, 2011

My Secret Friend

For the past week the staff at work have been doing a "Secret Friend" (like secret Santa, but at Valentine's Day instead of Christmas). And all I have to say is...what fun!

It's nice because when you take part you both are a secret friend and you have a secret friend. Every day you give your secret friend a little something and then on the last day you get them something a little bigger.

I started off giving some yummy chocolate and sea salt covered caramels...while I received a scratch'n'win ticket and a great little plant...green with pink on the leaves...LOL perfect for me.

Day two I made mini-chocolate chip cookies which I put in a little heart tin, with some measuring spoons. I got an adorable frame surrounded in pearls...which I promptly printed one of my wedding photos and filled.

Day three, I made muffins...and gave them in a heart shaped basket, with some measuring cups (baking was a bit of a theme) and I received two champagne flutes, beautifully wrapped and filled with candy.

Day 4 I gave a little treasure box filled with silky cocoa covered truffles and I received a couple of chocolates and fizzy bath bomb.

Today was the last day and I gave a bottle of wine, and received one in turn.

All in all it was a wonderful week of fun gifts and gift giving. I LOVE baking, but hate having it in the house making me eat it all, so this was a great way to get some baking done with no eating problems.

I also baked a large batch of valentines smartie cookies for the office. :). They love my cookies.

To top off the perfect secret friend week, my husband surprised me with flowers and lunch and lovely new thermoses.

I love happiness :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment