Thursday, January 6, 2011

Being the It for Others

Last night at my Weight Watchers meeting I ran into someone I hadn't seen in 17 years, she was at the meeting with her sister. Not only had we known each other many years ago, but I discovered that she had also known my singing teacher many yeas ago. In talking with her and her sister I realized we knew a lot of people in common including the director of the local musical theatre production. Her sister mentioned how impressed and blown away the director was with the voice of one of the new singers when he'd first heard her at the audition. And my old friend talked about my singing teacher and the pleasure of all of their years working on the stage together.

Tonight at rehearsal I spoke with my singing teacher and upon mentioning her old friend, her face lit up. So happy that she had remembered her and how wonderful things had been back then. She was just so happy that I talked to her and had so many questions about how she's doing...I will be passing the love back at my meeting next week.

Then I was chatting with one of the other students during rehearsal. She was talking about the new musical production she was in, and how it was her first show with the company. She said she was a little nervous and really excited. When she told me the part she was playing I realized that she was the singer with whom the director had been so impressed. So I told her what I'd heard. She was just tickled pink and humble, almost bashful.

In a matter of moments I'd made two people very happy and in passing along that happiness in turn it made me very happy too :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Ross Ave,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment