Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Found it!

It has been said that fixing a mistake well, makes you look better than never having made the mistake at all.

The same can be said for losing something.

At the end of the day today I realized that some of my paperwork was missing from my to do folder. I keep a manual tracking sheet of all of the time in lieu I bank, along with the confirmation forms for the courses and workshops I'm taking and the confirmed list of the ones I've done. I keep them all together in my ongoing to do folder since they get updated regularly.

Tonight I worked late and at the end of the day went to track the extra time, only the papers weren't there. I checked all of my file folders. I checked the binders where I had just filed a bunch of paperwork. I looked everywhere. Then I saw the shredding box.

We have our shredding done off site and we just ship any confidential information in old paper box. It occurred to me that I might have accidentally tossed my papers in there.

So there I sat going through the shredding box, but to no avail. So I went through all of my papers and files again, and just for good measure through the shredding box again. Frustrated and angry, I gave up, underestimated my time in lieu on a new tracking sheet with a note and started to pack up to go.

A coworker came in and I complained to him, but as I did I gestured and described what had happened and my eyes caught another pile of papers, ready to be filed into last year's audit box in storage and realized that it had also been in my to do file.

I flipped to the back, and sure enough, there they were. JOY! Serious joy in having found something that only in the course of about tens minutes had I lost and then given up hope, but the happiness in having found it was wonderful.

So if I hadn't lost them in the first place I would have missed out on the feelings of relief, happiness and yes, just joy!

I think I'll lose things more often! ;)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment