Monday, January 24, 2011

Food of the Gods

A couple of summers ago I fell in love with truffle oil. I was at a wedding and one of the passed ordeuvres was a delightful pastry amuse-bouche drizzled in truffle oil and I was hooked. If it said truffle oil on the menu, I ordered it.

A couple of weeks ago I had the best taste ever. Frites drizzled in truffle oil. Could it get any better or any more foodie casual than this?

Oh, but it could.

Our friends who got married that day mentioned that the restaurant where they had their celebration serves popcorn drizzled in butter and truffle oil.

So tonight with enough points left. I popped a big bowl of popcorn, tossed it with salt, then drizzled it in melted butter and topped it off with some truffle oil.

The perfect end to a perfect evening! :)

Their are a couple of foods that I expect I will eat a lot of when I've died and gone to heaven...and one of those items...is truffle oil.

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment