Sunday, January 2, 2011

Star Trek

WooHoo! All Star Trek...all the time!

A little while ago I read about a "watch all Star Trek episodes online" website. I didn't have time to look into it then, and so today with some time to myself I googled it and found The. Best. Website. EVER! :)

www.allstepisodes.com

I am in love!

I have always been a Next Generation fan, and so where better to begin than with an episode from TNG's first season, probably one of my favourite episodes ever. The episode where The Traveller is introduced, in Where No One Has Gone Before. This episode also introduces my favourite character, my teenage crush, Ensign Wesley Crusher. I am reminded that posted on my bedroom wall, next to my bed, was an image from a 16 Magazine, of Wil Wheaton.

It's not just Wesley Crusher that attracted me to TNG and continues to intrigue me, but Gene Roddenberry, the creator and how far ahead of his time he was. The storylines, the subplots, the characters. In this episode from Season 1, The Traveller talks about time, energy, space and thought all being part of the same. It's also where we discover that Wesley Crusher is very special. :)

Keeping with my Wesley Crusher theme, I then watched Justice from later in the season. It's another brilliant episode, dealing with a utopian society, an Eden planet. The story deals with law and enforcement along with god worship and other cultures.

It's not only Will Wheaton and the depth of writing that makes me love TNG, but also the characters, the acting and the scripts. The actors make me laugh and giggle. In the Justice episode both Dr. Crusher and Picard tell Data to "stop babbling". Love it. :)

Since I'm on this mini-Wesley-Crusher-TNG-marathon, I thought I'd finish my day off with When The Bough Breaks.

Thank you, thank you, thank you allstepisodes.com! You have made me happy today. :) And thank you Wil Wheaton...for bringing me back to my childhood crush. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment