Monday, January 10, 2011

The Kitchen

I love working by myself in the kitchen. Whether I'm whipping up a batch of Ian's favourite chocolate chip cookies, or making dinner or just tidying up, the kitchen is one of my favourite places to be.

I find the kithen to be a peaceful place. Many of the activities are almost meditative in nature. Repeated chopping, stirring, sifting.

On Sunday afternoon we bought two beautiful fillets of Rainbow Trout, and tonight I set out to make a fabulous meal. I found a recipe I had never tried before, and although it had mushrooms I figured I could sneak them by Ian. :)

I oiled the pan, salt and peppered the fish, chopped the veggies, dressed the fish, drizzled it with sauce and oil, snapped the beans, boiled the water, strained the pasta, and whipped up some quick sauces for the beans and pasta.

It's all about timing and flavours, mixing and matching. All the while tidying as I go, so that I don't have to worry about a mess later.

Then it all gets plated just as the timer goes. It's like a little kitchen dance with pace and movement.

And then the best part, not only does it look perfect but it tastes fantastic (if I do say so myself). :)



(Grilled Asian Rainbow Trout, with garlic green beans and gnocci in a pesto sauce). Yummy!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Kanata,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment