Sunday, January 9, 2011

Exercise!

And specifically cross-country/Nordic skiing. I hadn't been in years!

My husband, Ian, and I have been working at getting two full sets of used cross-country skiis, to get us off our butts and onto the snow. I've been leading a pretty sedentary lifestyle since early fall (aka: a lazy b@st@rd!) :)

Ian and I played Ultimate Frisbee this summer where I managed to I injure my groin, which in turn put out my lower back. Then just as it was healing I played in our playoffs, in back to back games, and re-injured it all over again.

So as much as I've loved the lazy life, it's not a healthy lifestyle and it's been hard to keep weight off. Not to mention that I'm missing out on all of the lovely exercise enduced endorphins and increased metabolism...but not any longer.

Late this morning we headed out with our mix'n'match 1980's cross-country ski sets and hit a trail. It's the one I grew up on, Old Quarry Trail, just across from the Hazeldean Mall, in Kanata.

It was cold, a little difficult and a ton of fun. We did around 3km or so and felt really good afterwards. Now that we know that we can do it we're looking forward to many more cross-country ski adventures.

Even better, no need to drive even the 10 minutes we did today. We noticed on our way home that at the end of our street there is a trail. It looks like we'll hit the snow again tomorrow! I can't wait!

(That is, of course, if either of us is able to move tomorrow!) ;)

What a wonderful day!

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jackson Ct,Ottawa,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment