Sunday, January 9, 2011

Deliciousness

This evening a friend of mine left her baby with our husbands and off we went seeking cheese, charcuterie and wine.

We ventured a walk through the Byward Market in Ottawa. It was an understandably quiet Saturday night with the cold and snow.

We ended at a lovely spot, at 1 York Street, called Play Food and Wine. The place was packed when we arrived, shortly after 8, and us without a reservation. No worries, there was room upstairs at the kitchen bar; comfortable bar chairs at a high bar like area over-looking the open concept kitchen. AWESOME!

It was very warm, but no complaints from me on a cold winter's night. Smiles were fired off by the kitchen staff as we sat down. The Sous-Chef was putting plates of delicious looking food along the edge and I jokingly asked if he would just keeping putting food up their for us to eat all evening? :) It all looked delicious.

Both of us already having eaten dinner decided it would be best to stick with charcuterie and cheeses. We ordered some wine and then for the next 3 hours sat and drank and talked.

What a fabulous way to spend a Saturday night and what an amazing place in which to do it! Watching and smelling the marvelous food all night while enjoying the company of a great friend, I couldn't have asked for a better time.

I could go on and on raving about the restaurant...but instead of wasting your time with my words...I suggest instead that you check it out yourself http://www.playfood.ca you won't regret it!

I look forward to heading back their soon with my husband, to try the myriad of wonderful dishes I watched come out of the kitchen! I hope they don't change the menu too soon...because I already know what I want to try! :)

With Love
~sarah~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment